The Indonesia Urban Water Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH) project is a sixty-month program (2011 – 2016) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented under the leadership of DAI. IUWASH works with government, the private sector, NGOs, community groups and other stakeholders to improve access to safe water supply and sanitation in Indonesia’s urban areas. The overall goal of IUWASH is to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in making significant progress in achieving its safe water and sanitation Millennium Development Goal (MDG) targets by expanding access to these services.
To achieve the above, assistance provided by the project is divided under three main technical components, including:
- Mobilizing demand for WatSan service delivery;
- Improving and expanding capacity for WatSan service delivery; and
- Strengthening policy and the financial enabling environment for improved water supply and sanitation service delivery.
IUWASH will apply different approaches and interventions with its local partners, such as local Water utilities, local and national government institutions, NGOs and communities to address water, sanitation and hygiene. To achieve these objectives IUWASH need high caliber incumbent to fill the positions of
Copy Writer & Translator (1 position), based in Jakarta, code (CW&T-JKT)
The IUWASH Copy writer and translator works out of the Jakarta office as part of the Program Communications Team within the Program Management Team, and is responsible for translating feature articles into proper English for newsletter purposes and other program publications, as well providing write-ups for various program activities.
· Translate success stories for program reports from Bahasa Indonesia to English;
· Translate and write feature articles for program newsletter, other publications, and program activities;
· Provide write-ups for IUWASH website and social media accounts;
· Assist management of IUWASH website and social media accounts;
· Provide support for a broad range of public IUWASH communications/promotion events;
1. Bachelor degree in Journalism, Literature, Social Sciences;
2. Minimum 3 years experiences in similar field;
3. Strong writing and translation skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia;
4. Strong organization and priority-setting skills;
5. Inquisitive, quick learner and love to learn new ideas and new knowledge;
6. Experience with the media is a plus;
7. Foreign graduate is a plus;
8. Possess good interpersonal and team coordination skills;
9. Computer and Internet savvy;
10. Able to work under pressure and independently.
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH.email@example.com by 2 (two) weeks from the advertisement. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.